Trails WA supports the seven principles recommended by Leave No Trace Australia for minimising your impacts when using the trails.Learn more
About West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
A challenging grade 4 loop trail, at the north end of the Mundy Regional Park, taking you down steep terrain, over babbling brooks and back up rocky inclines before traversing across the ridge, back to the trail head.
Although signs seem light blue, they were once mauve and can be found easily when walking in an anti-clockwise direction. With many trails weaving in and out of the official West Terrace Walk, be sure to keep an eye out for these markers as it's easy to take a wrong turn.
A good level of fitness is recommended for this trail with many steep climbs and not many flat sections.
Trail markers for this walk are mauve
Start point: At the end of the gravel continuation of West Terrace, Kalamunda. There is a parking area near a large concrete water tank.
- A power line post near the large tank. Go through the white gate and down the hill.
- A junction of four tracks. Take a sharp right, taking the first right exit, and walk down hill. At the bottom of the hill, cross a small water course.
- Turn left at the T junction.
- At the top of the hill, underneath a power line, turn left and follow the power line. Looking back, there are views of the City, Forrestfield and the industrial areas of Welshpool.
- Skirt around but do not go through the white gate on to Panoramic Terrace.
- Make a steep climb up an access track under a power line, and turn left before reaching the top. Follow the contour of the hill
- At the crossroads, turn left and descend on a loose rocky track.
- Look for a Shire of Kalamunda walk trail sign on a tree and cross a concrete culvert across a water course.
- Take the left fork.
- Ignore track to the right.
- At the junction, take the second exit, and retrace the first part of the walk back to the start point.
Note: It is possible to continue up the hill from point 6, almost to the sealed road, and then follow a track along the contour of the hill, rejoining the main walk at point 7. The climb up is extremely steep, but there are good views to the coastal plain and the north.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback along this walk trail and in the surrounding area:
- Don’t spread soil or mud around bushland, in particular during spring & autumn;
- Stick to tracks & paths;
- Observe signage in your local bushland reserve and stay out of quarantined areas in bushland.
Be trail ready for West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
Here is everything you need to know before visiting this trail.
Time / Duration
1 hour and 30 minutes
What To Pack
Group B (Bushwalks and/or longer trails) required.
What To Pack
Group B (Bushwalks and/or longer trails)
- Minimum 2 litres of water per person per day
- Sturdy shoes
- Sun hat or bike helmet (compulsory in WA)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellant
- Binoculars and camera (optional)
- Map or guide book where suggested
- Snacks and/or lunch depending on length of trail
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions including a water/windproof jacket
- First Aid kit
Additional Useful ItemsThere are no toilet or water facilities in the park. Please take 2 - 4L of water with you.
End of West Terrace Road, Kalamunda, 20km (25 minutes) east of Perth.
Bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may be long, rough and very steep. Directional signage may be limited.
Visit Trail Tips for further information.
Hazards & WarningsBeware of snakes in summer - November to March.
- Dog Friendly
Best time of year
June to November
Prohibited ItemsNo horses or vehicles.
Complete West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park to earn badges and points!
Earn points and badges and become a "TrailsWA Expert" by completing trails and leaving reviews.
Earn 2 points towards
your TrailsWA level
Be the first to review West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
We love to hear from people who've been on our Western Australian trails, so it would be most appreciated it if you wanted to leave a review.
Add your review of West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
Like this trail? Explore others nearbyMore around Perth & Surrounds
Supported by great organisations
Trails are free and bring so many benefits to our community by providing opportunities to have fun, get fit, socialise, explore and challenge yourself. But they also have to be managed and maintained which only is made possible through terrific sponsors, donations and/or volunteering.
City and Trail View, West Terrace Walk
Trailhead just near carpark
Old Trail Sign, West Terrace Walk
Trail Marker, West Terrace WalkFollow the mauve markers, in an anti-clockwise direction.
Trail, West Terrace Walk
Stream, West Terrace Walk
Forest Path, West Terrace Walk
City Views, West Terrace Walk
View 8 Photos of West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
Upload your photo of West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park
Report a Problem
You are reporting a problem for West Terrace Walk, Mundy Regional Park. Please be as detailed as possible to help us appropriately identify and address the issue.