Details for trail on a map
Trail StartGet directions
Jorgensen Park, Crescent Rd, Kalamunda, 28km (30min) east of Perth
TrailsWA Now supports Offline Maps. Follow the instructions below to save trail maps to your phone.
Visit trailswa.com.au on your mobile Our Offline Maps will require you to be connected to trailswa.com.au using the device you intend to take on your trip.
Add to Home Screen Save the trailswa.com.au webpage to your home screen.
Find your trail, and Save Offline Via the bookmark saved to your devices home screen, explore our trails and find the one you want - select "Save this map to use offline". You will need to be connected/online at this point.
Trails WA supports the seven principles recommended by Leave No Trace Australia for minimising your impacts when using the trails.Learn more
About Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda
The Jorgensen Park Walk Trail follows many of the old Kalamunda Golf Course fairways, most are very obvious although not your typical lush green views. The trail also incorporates some of the Bibbulmun Track along the northern edge of the park.
The land on which Jorgensen Park now sits, was pioneered in 1895 by Jacob & Annie Schmitt. In 1928 residents from the shire of Kalamunda formed a golf club and took out a loan of £25 each to purchase 67 acres of the Schmitt’s orchard and 60 acres of reserve bushland for the golf course.
The Kalamunda Golf Course was a popular challenging course that remained opened until 1972 when it was moved to Forrestfield. It is now used as public park and walk area. The park was named after Hedley Jorgensen, who was the son of one of the original buyers as well as maintaining the club president role for many years.
The walk is a 2.7km loop around the park, very easy walking and well signed with red triangles. You can download a pdf map from the Kalamunda Shire website.
Start Point: The car park of the Kalamunda Learning Centre. at the end of Crescent Road, Kalamunda.
1. Leave the car park at Jorgensen Park. Go through the treated pine fence and walk in an easterly direction
on a well worn track down the middle of an old fairway.
2. Reach the end of the fairway; deviate right past a small clump of blackboys and continue on a marked
path. There are houses and a fence on the right.
3. At the corner of the fence veer left and continue down hill on the track.
4. A track runs off to the right, going steeply downhill. Eventually this track meets Schipp Road. Ignore this
track and turn left here and continue on the marked track.
5. Look for a wooden Bibbulmun Track sign at this point. Above it is a red walk trail sign. Turn right and walk
along a narrow track towards a look out over the Helena Valley.
6. A lookout point overlooking the Helena River Valley with glimpses down the valley to the coastal plain.
7. Walk to the left of a Kalamunda National Park sign. Leave the Bibbulmun Track which at this point
descends into the valley and continue on the walk track.
8. Continue across the end of the fairway coming in from the left. Go straight ahead and rejoin the Bibbulmun
9. Turn right at a wooden post with a Bibbulmun track marker on it.
10. At the bottom of the hill cross the end of the fairway. There is a small water course here. Turn left.
11. Turn left off the Bibbulmun track and cross the small water
course. Walk up the fairway to your right and complete the
walk at the Kalamunda Learning Centre.
To help reduce the spread of Phytophthora Dieback at Jorgensen Park:
• Don’t spread soil or mud around bushland, in particular
during spring and autumn;
• Stick to tracks and paths;
• Observe signage in your local bushland reserve and
stay out of quarantined areas in bushland.
Be trail ready for Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda
Here is everything you need to know before visiting this trail.
Time / Duration
Up to an 1 hour
2.7km loop trail
What To Pack
Group A (Urban trails or short trails near facilities) required.
What To Pack
Group A (Urban trails or short trails near facilities)
- Full large water bottle per person.
- Sun hat or bike helmet (compulsory in WA).
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellant.
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions (See suggestions below).
- Binoculars and camera (optional).
Additional Useful ItemsDownload map recommended.
No bushwalking experience required. The track is a hardened or compacted surface and may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps. Walks no greater than 10km. Suitable for families with young children.
FacilitiesNo drinking water available.
- BBQ Facilities
- Car Park
- Child Activities
- Coach Parking
- Dog Friendly
- Parking for Disabled
- Picnic Area
- Public Toilet
Best time of year
August to October for wildflowers but beautiful all year round.
Road 2WD or bus to Kalamunda
Complete Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda to earn badges and points!
Earn points and badges and become a "TrailsWA Expert" by completing trails and leaving reviews.
Earn 1 point towards
your TrailsWA level
2 trail goers have rated Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda as 4 out of 5!
We love to hear from people who've been on our Western Australian trails, so it would be most appreciated it if you wanted to leave a review.
Add your review of Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda
Ozzie Savage rated Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda a 4 out of 5
Like this trail? Explore others nearbyMore around Perth & Surrounds
Supported by great organisations
Trails are free and bring so many benefits to our community by providing opportunities to have fun, get fit, socialise, explore and challenge yourself. But they also have to be managed and maintained which only is made possible through terrific sponsors, donations and/or volunteering.
Jorgensen ParkHelena Valley Views
Piesse Brook Valley ViewsIf you take the short detour trail you are rewarded with beautiful valley views.
Main golf fairwayBegin the walk along the main golf fairway in the park.
Detour TrailTake detour trail left for amazing views of Piesse Brook valley.
Jorgensen Park, rock bouldersContinue along detour trail to get back on to the main loop and you will find a nice section of rock boulders.
View 5 Photos of Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda
Upload your photo of Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda
Report a Problem
You are reporting a problem for Jorgensen Park Walk Trail, Kalamunda. Please be as detailed as possible to help us appropriately identify and address the issue.