Trails WA supports the seven principles recommended by Leave No Trace Australia for minimising your impacts when using the trails.Learn more
About Heritage Trail, Broome
This walk is a great way to orientate your way around Broome and soak up the towns fascinating history, especially the pearl industry.
Highlights to look out for include:
- Sun Picture Gardens, which has shown movies since 1916.
- Streeter and Male, a stone office building built in the 1890s.
- Captain Gregory’s House, a great example of Broome’s unique tropical architecture that was built in 1915.
- Johnny Chi Lane, lined with old buildings that are mainly retail outlets.
- And the classic Broome watering hole, Roebuck Bay Hotel built in 1890, but undergone many changes since.
There are plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars to break the walk.
Be trail ready for Heritage Trail, Broome
Here is everything you need to know before visiting this trail.
Time / Duration
Less than one hour
What To Pack
Group A (Urban trails or short trails near facilities) required.
What To Pack
Group A (Urban trails or short trails near facilities)
- Full large water bottle per person.
- Sun hat or bike helmet (compulsory in WA).
- Sunglasses, sunscreen (30+) and insect repellant.
- Clothes to suit the activity and potential weather conditions (See suggestions below).
- Binoculars and camera (optional).
Streeters Jetty, Broome 2200km north of Perth
- Bicycle Rack
- Car Park
- Coach Parking
- Dog Friendly
- Interpretive Centre
- Picnic Area
- Public Telephone
- Public Toilet
- Shaded Area
- Sheltered Area
- Visitor Information Centre
- Water Access Points
Best time of year
May to October. The dry season in the Kimberley
Air, Drive or Bus to Broome . Walk to trail
Complete Heritage Trail, Broome to earn badges and points!
Earn points and badges and become a "TrailsWA Expert" by completing trails and leaving reviews.
Earn 1 point towards
your TrailsWA level
Be the first to review Heritage Trail, Broome
We love to hear from people who've been on our Western Australian trails, so it would be most appreciated it if you wanted to leave a review.
Add your review of Heritage Trail, Broome
Like this trail? Explore others nearbyMore around North West
Supported by great organisations
Trails are free and bring so many benefits to our community by providing opportunities to have fun, get fit, socialise, explore and challenge yourself. But they also have to be managed and maintained which only is made possible through terrific sponsors, donations and/or volunteering.
Chinatown BroomeChinatown Broome
Streeters JettyStreeters Jetty
Broome PearlingBroome Pearling
Sun Theatre BroomeSun Theatre Broome
Broome heritage buildingBroome heritage building
View 5 Photos of Heritage Trail, Broome
Upload your photo of Heritage Trail, Broome
Report a Problem
You are reporting a problem for Heritage Trail, Broome. Please be as detailed as possible to help us appropriately identify and address the issue.