Heritage Trail, Broome
About the Trail
This walk is a great way to orientate your way around Broome and soak up the towns fascinating history, especially the pearl industry.
Highlights to look out for include:
- Sun Picture Gardens, which has shown movies since 1916.
- Streeter and Male, a stone office building built in the 1890s.
- Captain Gregory’s House, a great example of Broome’s unique tropical architecture that was built in 1915.
- Johnny Chi Lane, lined with old buildings that are mainly retail outlets.
- And the classic Broome watering hole, Roebuck Bay Hotel built in 1890, but undergone many changes since.
There are plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars to break the walk.
Please be sure to read our full Disclaimer relating to information provided on the Trails WA website.