Coastal Plain Walk Trail, Yanchep NP to Melaleuca CP
About the Trail
The distances for the various sections are:
- Neaves Road to Moitch Campsite: 10.4km
- Moitch campsite to Perry Road; 6.0
- Perry Road to Ridge's Campsite: 13.9km
- Ridges Campsite to Shapcott's Campsite: 15.6km
- Shapcott's Campsite to McNess House, Yanchep NP: 6.1km
The vegetation provides colourful wildflower displays over winter and spring. The track is sandy underfoot and has extensive sections without tree cover. Trail bike riders often use the track, contributing to its degradation and vigilance is required.
The overnight shelters are three sided, with a toilet and fire ring. There is no water available and walkers must bring their own.
Access trail at Yanchep National Park 50km north of Perth or Neaves Road, Carabooda, 60km (one hour) north of Perth. Please register at the visitor centre.
Please be sure to read our full Disclaimer relating to information provided on the Trails WA website.