Links to a range of resources for anyone involved with the planning, construction, management and maintenance of trails.
TRAILS WA TRAIL FRIENDLY BUSINESS PROGRAM
The Trail Friendly Business Program has being designed to:
- Help businesses to offer services and amenities that meet the needs of trail users.
- Create a community of like-minded businesses who share knowledge and cross-promote each other.
- Complement the walker and cycle friendly business programs developed by the Bibbulmun Track and Munda Biddi Trail Foundations.
TRAIL MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE RESOURCES
You will find information regarding trail management and resources for volunteers on the Trailtalk website. www.trailtalk.com.au
Go to the 'Groups' page and look for 'Trail Management & Volunteer Resources'. It is free to join.
- Trail classification guidelines
- Guidelines for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of trails
- Online trail design and maintenance programme
- Trail maintenance resources
- Strategic plans for trail development in WA
- Trail funding
The key organisations involved with development of trails in WA are the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions. See Links Page...