About Trails WA
Trails WA is an independent for purpose organisation that exists to facilitate advocacy for and the marketing of a high quality trails network across Western Australia.
Formed in 2012, Trails WA was initially a foundation under the National Trust of Western Australia and evolved into an independent incorporated body in 2017, to secure the future of the trailswa.com.au website and to contribute to the development of a thriving world-class trails sector for our state.
Trails WA is passionate about Trails. Our key roles are:
ADVOCACY - for a well planned, designed, contructed, maintained and marketing WA trail network.
MARKETING - to stimulate and inspire the use of Western Australia's comprehensive network of trails.
Through our efforts we aim to:
- Make it easier for WA residents and visitors to find information on Trails.
- Be a central source of information regarding all things trails including events, news, and planning.
- Connect trail users with each other and encourage people to try a trail and “find themselves in amazing places!”
- Raise funds and resources to improve our amazing trail network.
- Put WA on the map as a trails destination!
Would you like to help make Trails WA the best trails website in Australia?
The upload of trails to the website is an ongoing process... much of the trail information has been collated by volunteers. This requires recording the route (gps coordinates), taking high quality photos and writing a description for the trail (data sheet and instructions provided).
If you would like to contribute please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Join the conversation and help us achieve our goals:
- Join the Trails WA website to rate and review trails, upload your trail pics and share trails with your friends.
- Hashtag your trail photos #trailswa and we’ll share them on Instagram and/or Facebook.
- Share your trail outings and photos on our group page
- The Trails WA App can be downloaded here.
If you have any feedback or questions email firstname.lastname@example.org